Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lift Kit

Michigan
Ok IL start it! Who recommends what lift kit? I wanna go 4 inch, ive heard many things, but who has experienced what lift kit, and how do they like it? Anyone know of anyone not like a certain lift kit? I had a Tough country 4 inch lift kit on my 79 bronco, it was aiiiight i guess. For the money... Looking not to spend the extra on extended radius arms, because il be getting a straight axle up front. Heard good things about Skyjacker... Anyone got any suggestions. Yes you 150 errrs are welcome to drop a couple cents! Thanks

Michigan
You have a pro comp lift? With rancho shocks hehe

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I had skyjacker on this( I know its not a ford but for an example) and really liked the way she rode!

l_361069bb28e51b7ee9128dbce6a09b2c.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
A wife and a kid. Something about putting a kid in and out of it! LOL So I traded it in on my f150! At the time I didn't realize just how much I was upgrading!(I had never owned a ford before)LOL

Michigan
that truck is TIGHT!!!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Id wait till get the staight axle swap . The just pick up rear springs to match lift of frontand save $.

But basically the extended arms (which u dont need) and get springs notblock for rear. As for lift manufacturer. Its been awhile I installed rancho (Best i had)And a rugged trail kit .Nice but didn't ride as nice on road.

Have worked on most made . SAme same quality of welds look good an most new kits . So its $$

Basically it what the kit had that is a selling point to me. Like include shocks.

Michigan
Yea if i do that, then i can buy a lift kit for a 78 or 79 bronco right? Other than my steering links id have to change up.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I have had skyjacker, pro comp and superlift. I loved the skyjacker and the pro comp. The super lift springs sagged too much. They were 6 inch lift springs and sagged to 3 inches in less than a year.

Michigan
Whoa forgot about this thread.

surewhynot is in the florida area. Im sure he might be able to help you out.

Welcome to the forum! What you liftin? Pics?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
If Sarasota isn't too far, Dave from Uprite 4x4 is the man to see. He does great work and reasonable too.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I used Rugged Trail (had the big arms might actually stand up to you ) and Rancho both of which seem to bething of the past.

Ask surewhynot about straight axle. I know need to lower spring bucket or get big coils (4" to clear engine crossmember)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts