Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hurst shift Knob on automatic

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Well, I think it'd just be finding a way to attach it and what the dimensions of the hole are. I'm not even familiar with what the stock shifter arm looks like, got a pic? I've opened up a can of worms, eh? lol.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
eh maybe part owner in a worm farm heh heh....I know I've been thinking about it for awhile.....that and I'd like to get a billet shift arm...Ryan I'm sure there's footage of the shifter arm in one of my videos on youtube lol.....Later

JR

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think that would look kinda stupid if you had it just bolted to the end of the shifter rod off the column...

There ARE, however, conversion kits that will move the shifter to the transmission hump in the middle of the floorboard, at which point you could put a Hurst pistol grip like that one and it would look awesome.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
but if you move it to the floor, why don't you go all the way and just put a 5 speed in ;)

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Chris just tries to push that thought from his mind, because he doesn't like to think of having a 5spd.. it hurts him. :headbang:

Also; you'd need a console type thing to raise the shifter up from the floor to a useable level.. I think they look kinda dumb honestly (the console thing, not the shifters).

.....oooooOOOOP's, me bad & confuse'd here :headbang: ...:redface: ; I thought THAT was what this was all about's: placing this with the button onto a shifter on the floor for the Transfer case and all.........sorry for my dumb posting's then......:hammer:

mr. Charles

soo your saying something like this chris? hahaha

brandx22.jpg

......hmmmmm? ! ? !???? {Look's familiar thar, RdVirus :paranoid: = has NO HoRn button, huh???!!!......:rofl2: }

mr. Charles:rolling laugh:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hahah i never noticed that one ! good catch charles!

Last edited:
Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Lokar Makes the floor shift automatic conversions...and I like Lokar they are high end and direct bolt ins....Iono Chris I think with that pistol grip on the stock shifter or a billet one like I want that it'd look cool stickin up...definately custom.....

JR

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts