Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Porkchops old and new for dual wheels

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I purchased an OEM Budd lug porkchop on ebay this week just because it was going for cheap. It has some significant differences compared to the Kentool porkchop I bought a couple of years ago at NAPA.

Here are some pics of the two so you can see the differences. My wife's Lincoln makes a nice backdrop for these shots ; )

Kentool front Budd back

Kentool bottom Budd top

Kentool left Budd right

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That like a Crowfoot wrench?

tinman52

Tin bender
Tim, when would this wrench be needed, since the big nut goes on last and comes off first?

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Tim, when would this wrench be needed, since the big nut goes on last and comes off first?

In a perfect world you wouldn't need it, but as my luck goes I use it often when changing wheels/tires on the F4-F6's.

The inside thimble often loosens first, leaving the thimble and large outer nut on the outer wheel. I've had multiples come loose this way on the same wheel. The porkchop allows you to separate them after you get the wheel off. Lay the wheel on the floor, drop the porkchop on the large nut with the lug in one of the slotted holes - put your square drive on the thimble and turn it out of the nut.

They're a life-saver when you need them. If you ever need one let me know.

Fellro

Staff member
Yep, had that happen too. Never realized they made an actual tool for it, but shouldn't be surprised.

tinman52

Tin bender
Makes perfect sense. I've had that happen in the past, usually involved some bad words......
Thankfully I don't work on the bigger trucks anymore. Thanks for the offer...

havi

third member
With more of an "arch" on the older one, would you say it would work better? or they about the same?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts