Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-Fan

Michigan
Hey, My buddy had a Electric fan that he said that i could have. He doesnt remember what it came out of but i ran over there an took a look at it. Has a shrowd, but its only a 11 inch fan. I dont know how much air it flows. I took some pics, but let me know if you think it will work... I dont even know if it will work or not but im gonna test it out.

100_3263.jpg

100_3266.jpg

100_3265.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
if you're thinking about building your own, I have a bigger fan I ship to ya... it came out of a 2000 mustang with the 3.8. It's a 19" fan. That fan you have looks wholly inadequate unless you found a pair of them.

Ryan

Michigan
hmmm... How much will shipping cost?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
no idea... I can check into it. Guy I got it from said the mustang had 40,000 miles and was in a rear end collision. It was severe and was totalled and he's just selling parts... I haven't tried to plug it into anything. I was thinking about rigging it in my truck but decided to get a fancy fully built one on summit racing. It *should* work.

Ryan

Michigan
Yea let me know, i might be heading down to a junkyard this weekend, they sell parts cheap and im going to try to find one. Along with that stinkin 460 Air Tube...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah Mike I don't think that little 11" one will be adequate for cooling your bigass radiator. Go with a Taurus fan, or with Ryans ;) Sounds like Ryan's might actually be the same fan they use in the Taurus but I'm not sure...

Michigan
My mom has a 01 tauras, has two smaller fans.

There is more to think about than size of the raidiator.

You also need to take into account how much stuff is layered in FRONT of the raidiator. If you have an AC condensor, a tranny cooler and whatever else layered in front of the raidiator, then you are going to need a more "powerfull" fan to get air through it all. If you have a raidiator with nothing at all in front of it that requires cooling, then not as much air flow is needed. Also, the HP of the motor, more HP means more cooling capacity required. Another variable is the raidiator itself. Is it a 2 core, 3 core, 4 core??? The more cores the more cooling capacity. Then, some 11 inch fans pull more CFM than others.

So, if you have high capacity raidiator and nothing else stacked in front of it and your motor is not making more than ~200HP that fan may be OK. If you have a higher output motor with multiple items stacked in front of the raidiator and a 2 core raidiator then that fan will probably not do the job.

Michigan
It has to have the 3.8L motor.
Ok. Il keep that in mind. My truck has a 2 core radiator, AC condensor and trans cooler. Truck is a stock 351..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts