Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ethel failed inspection...

the drag link had slop(minimal) at the pitman arm. the part that burns my butt is the truck had exactly 10 miles on it from last inspection(1yr).
i assume the ball joint type connection was bad last yr but they didn't need the repair dollars then. NAPA has the part for $54. the garage said "we can fix it for $300 plus parts. i can fix it for $54 and 3 beers.then re-alignment.
i'll have to turn in my plates because i have to get my disability chk before i can get the part.
that sucks because those were the plates issued Nancy when she registered it for my Christmas present in '02.
i just wanted to *****. i'm done now!:headbang:

no, it's shot hip. can't sit in it for any length of time. 7 of those miles were my neighbor using it to pick up a tranny for a dodge. i'm sure my truck tried to kick out the dodge parts all the way home!

hey carl,

sorry to hear that man. those inspection people can be jerks. maybe try to find another shop or maybe triple andrew jacksons will get your truck through.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
i'll have to turn in my plates because i have to get my disability check before i can get the part.
that sucks because those were the plates issued Nancy when she registered it for my Christmas present in '02.
:headbang:

U want some funds so you can keep plates?

U want some funds so you can keep plates?

nooo... i owe people here already. the plates are turned in. that's an awesome offer Lost and i very much appreciate it.. but when i fix it and pay everyone here back.. i think i'll do a vanity plate....TY-NAN. the DMV said they'd save that until July.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Hey Any time u need help let us know .

i know that works.....i wouldn't be on line had this place not helped the disadvantaged in a time of need

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
i know that works.....i wouldn't be on line had this place not helped the disadvantaged in a time of need
You DO NOT owe ANY of us!! We've told you that already!!! Also, I would have been happy to send a bit more to help you keep those plates!

You are family Carl. Not the related kind, but the kind we actually help. :)

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
smilieIagree I don't remember you owing anyone here any money. We all did that to help a friend. YelloThumbUp We couldn't let you go anyway, this place wouldn't have been the same without you. smilietease

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
From the short time that I have been here at FTF, I have noticed one thing , Carl you bring a certain charm and comic relief to the site , ( that vid with Sassy made my day).I'd help you in a minute.

Mike

it's all good dudes.....plates are turned in...NYS destroys them right after turn in.
if you want to come to NY and put on the drag link have at it......it's friggin cold here and i just got over pneumonia.
thanks very much for the offers friends. i mean that.
i'm kidding about the drag link......i can do it if Tony(dad) finally steps up for his bastard kid.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hey, im really sorry to hear that the truck failed. if i was near you(i guess im kinda close being only like 5 hours away) i would put that drag link in in a heart beat!unfortunately i am a licensed NH inspector and can relate to where the mechanic was coming from. you'll get through it!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts