Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Announces 2014 Raptor Special Edition

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
539728_10151570068825049_49499480_n.jpg

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37914

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Contrary to all the bashing people seem to give the Raptor, I'd own one!

Raptor, argh! So hoping that was gonna read RANGER! Henry Ford must be rolling in his grave, that thing is more than I paid for my durn house. Whatever happened to trucks for the working man?
-end rant.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Contrary to all the bashing people seem to give the Raptor, I'd own one!

If someboday handed me the keys, I would too. I just feel you could do better, across the board...for less than money. At that point, it becomes a built vs. bought argument...if you don't know how to build, the Raptor is your option. However, this is how I know the Raptor isn't targeting ANY offroad community:

Ford today reveals the 2014 F-150 SVT Raptor Special Edition, which adds unique new touches to Raptor’s existing Luxury Package, including a Ruby Red Metallic exterior color and box-side graphics. Interior upgrades include Brick Red seat bolsters with black inserts and cloth honeycomb highlights, console top finish panel, and center stack and door panel appliqué accents. Raptor Special Edition is also available in Tuxedo Black Metallic

I can't think of any self-respecting man/off-roader/weekend warrior that would every worry about what luxury package their wheeler had. I just know all of those same guys are just dying to to upgrade to Ruby red paint and box side graphics, because we all know stickers and paint make you go faster...so it'll help them propel through the mud a little faster and climb those rock a little quicker. God knows those appliques and honeycomb highlights will come in handy during extractions.

I'd have a lot easier time with the Raptor if they just called it what it was, a sexy grocery getter. We all know trucks are the 'it' sexy vehicle, and have been for the last couple years. 98% of these trucks won't see anything more than wet grass, and that article indirectly admits to that. Is it an offroader...nope, is it a hauler...nope, is it practical...nope. It's simply a tool for keeping up with the Jones'. Is it the best half ton 4x4 from the factory, sure...but I'm pretty sure if you know how to turn a wrench, you also see it's short comings.

Last edited:

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I would drive one but wouldn't pay new sticker price for one. I put it in more of a category like a Cobra Mustang or Lightning.

I don't use my truck for off-roading or hauling much so it probably is more of a sexy grocery getter most of the time but it's what I like to drive and it's not bad to drive everyday and it doesn't just sit at home holding the driveway down. When I have used it to haul something or leave the pavement a bit it has never let me down.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I would drive one but wouldn't pay new sticker price for one. I put it in more of a category like a Cobra Mustang or Lightning.

I don't use my truck for off-roading or hauling much so it probably is more of a sexy grocery getter most of the time but it's what I like to drive and it's not bad to drive everyday and it doesn't just sit at home holding the driveway down. When I have used it to haul something or leave the pavement a bit it has never let me down.

And that's my point Scott...it's touted as this robust offroader...when it's only marginally better than other 150's on the lot. And to your point, your truck does what it needs...so I just don't see the logic behind dropping another 10, 20, 30k on a Raptor, unless you're worried about the Jones'. Like I said, I'd drive one, I just wouldn't pay for one, I feel I could get alot more for the money.

That's all I'll say about the Raptor as a whole. I just think it's funny that a new 'special edition' on an 'offroad' truck is nothing but some stickers and paint. I was hoping it would get a lot beefier, but as noted, I'm not their targeted niche.

Last edited:
All they did was change some colors around. Wooptie do. I liked the idea of the raptor at first but its a posers truck at this point. Anyone that tries to drive them hard distroys them which means they arent what there cracked up to be. I cant wait to get mine back on the road a smoke those over priced mall cruisers.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
They ones that destroy them don't know what they're doing off road... Pushing them too far..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

I agree Chris...I know several guys that have them.

I've kept my mouth shut so far on this topic.

You know, people have $$$$$ed and whined for years that the "factory doesn't do this and that"....but it seems that anytime the factory does do something that is over and above what is normally offered that there is the same $$$$$ing and whining that it is either too expensive, doesn't do what they expect...yadda, yadda, yadda.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
But you can take a standard truck and make it faster and better.

That seems to be the common response no matter what the factory does.

Personally, I'm a happy camper seeing that the corporate entities are a least making an effort to respond to customer input.

I suspect that no matter what they do, someone won't be happy and that single voice of dissention will overpower the thousands of happy folk....that seems to be a standard in any situation.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Clearly some guys like them.

1. They look cool.
2. They are more capable than a stock truck off road.

I'd buy one if I could afford one, they're sweet.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Judging by how many I see here, lots of people like them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts