Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1979 f600 4x4

recently purchased, rockwell axles and trans case, 6.17 gears, think it is early factory 4x4 installation in medium duty class. not sure on trans, think it's a clark 5 speed. 370 big block, double frame, p/s assist cylinder on pass wheel and p/s cooler under hood. 6,000lb autocrane on rear of truck. have pics on e-mail, don't know how to transfer, new to forums

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sounds like a cool truck, check your intro thread, I gave you some help on posting smilieFordlogo

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks like they've uploaded to your gallery. Just copy the BB code and paste it into the thread, like this.

(Cool rig, btw)

image029.jpg

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
When you go to the picture in your gallery, under it will be options for linked thumbnail, BB, etc.

Copy the line for bb and paste it here, and it should show up as the picture.

image028.jpg

Which engine is that anyway? Very neat lookin truck!!

thanks for your help. hopefully today i can post one more pic. matt i see you are in dickinson nd. i lodged and drove through there when i picked up truck in montana and brought it back to the u.p.

**.gov Auction** 1978 FORD F660 4WD HEAVY TRUCK Ref# JA 208

Auction Ends: 4/17/13 3:59 PM ET

Current Bid: $1,576.00

Description: This is a 1978 Ford F660 four wheel drive heavy truck (dual tires on the rear axle). Vin # F66EVBJ0386 . Odometer is showing 42811.1 miles, we believe it to be 142811.1 as UT acquired the truck in 1988 with 037562 miles on it. Body color is white. The motor is a 361 C.I. gasoline V8 with a 4 bbl. Carb. The motor was replaced with a rebuilt Ford unit at 60125 miles. The truck has: Max GV Weight 21,700 lbs., five speed standard transmission with Hi and Lo range 4 wheel drive with Warn manual locking hubs on the front axle, a large winch on the front driven by power take off. The back of the unit has a large stand up height camper style metal shell that was used for electronic equipment with a separate outside storage area on the rear. Exterior condition is fair, interior is in poor condition, the tires are in poor condition with signs of dry rot, Tire size 8.25 x 20 (load range E). The truck has not been run in at least 7 years therefore Operating Condition is Unknown and we have NO KEYS for the vehicle but all doors are currently unlocked. There may damage or repairs needed that we cannot see. The vehicle was hauled in to the surplus warehouse by a heavy duty wrecker. Bidders are strongly encouraged to inspect the vehicle before bidding. Ref# JA 208

Inspection: The vehicle is located at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, and may be inspected only by appointment. Inspection may be an option depending on resources and may change from day to day. Contact Mr. James Anderson at 865-974-5058 to inquire.

767_1900_24.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts