Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Logged in question..

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
This is kinda strange and I'm not sure what the cause is.. When I come to the main homepage it says I'm not logged in. But when I go to the forums I am logged in. If I switch from the forums to the homepage I'm logged in. Basically I just want to get it so I'm logged in when I come to the home page so I can see the new posts thing for my account. I have tried logging into the homepage part but it doesn't change this phenomenon? :headbang:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sounds like a personal problem... I'm logged in always, no matter where I am on the site. Make sure to check the "Remember me" box when you log in.

Storm

Clear your cookies.. There's a corruption in your file somewhere.. The CPMS they use has a different "check login" coding then the VB Forum does.. Thats why your seeing that issue.. Clear up your cookies and then reload and set "Remember Me" and you should be good..

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
sounds to me like a cookie problem also. Hit the refresh button and tell us what happens. The cookies are 'remembering' the site in cache without being logged in.

Ryan

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Try the hammer technique...

1) Obtain claw hammer.
2) Introduce claw hammer to computer.
3) Replace heavily beaten computer with new unit.
4) Drink beer.

Storm

Well, then it appears to be a possible issue in the CMPS files.. Not the first time I've had these happen.. If the admin needs help, they know how to reach me.. I'll give ya'll a hand with the coding.. I've been doing a lot of rewriting lately thanks to new Mysql and PHP version updates..

Old_Paint

Old guy with old cars
Alabama
Tried clearing cookies, no go. Tried refreshing, no go. Hmm, I'm stumped.

Did you clear the cache too? Sometimes it'll just recopy a bad cookie from the cache, or see the page already there, and only download part of it as needed for update. Do both, again, see what happens.

Storm

I don't speak computer language, cache? :p

IE or Firefox?

as for clearing, go to start > all programs > accessories > system tools > disk cleanup

Select C:, let it run its course.. Checkmark everything that pops up on the next window, click the ok/clean/do your thing, whatever the button says (drawing a blank).

If your using Firefox, click tools > clear private data > select all checkmarks

If your using IE, click tools > internet options, click 'delete' button under Browsing History.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Yea, I use IE. And that's what I already did.. Thanks, though. I'll just have to suffer with clicking the forum and then going back (not that bad).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts