Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Sidestream Oil Filtration

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I just read an article about this concept applied to vehicles. The article is in the April 2013 edition of 4wheeler magazine.

Has anybody done this? The article states that sidestream filtration, with the appropriate filter, will return oil to its original ISO specifications for particle counts. It also acts as a coalescing filter to remove any moisture.

We do this on all our large turbine lube oil systems and it definitely extends the life of the oil.

I would provide a link, but their website does not yet list the article. It also doesn't provide the cost of the unit.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
A spinner will do the same thing at half the price and you can use notebook paper and scotch tape instead of the expensive paper inserts.

Is that the same thing that some older Mack trucks use ...... i think it's in the marine industry too - Racor comes to mind but i'm a bit knackered tonight to look it up

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
A spinner will do the same thing at half the price and you can use notebook paper and scotch tape instead of the expensive paper inserts.

Are you saying a spin-on oil filter will accomplish the same task?

Is that the same thing that some older Mack trucks use ...... i think it's in the marine industry too - Racor comes to mind but i'm a bit knackered tonight to look it up

Yes, Mark. The unit is a Parker/Racor. Hope your "knacker" is a good one. :D

Ford Truck Articles