Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Valance compatibility

I was on LMC truck the other day and i noticed they started selling the valance normally on the Lightning (Gen 1 obviously). Would the valance fit on my truck? 94 flareside.. as far as i know the bumpers are the same. I just want the style and i was going to pick up some foglights from auto zone and put those on too

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I believe they are the same. As my firends bronco one fit on my F350 bumper, he had the nice one with the cutouts in the middle. There all the same shape, and have the mount holes on the bottom lip of the bumper.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I seen one on a gallery .....Mr. M , thats who , that thing looks sweet, slots for fog lights, and paintable to match the truck , I want one.

Mike

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Bumpers r same. I had one one old truck till snow bank wanted it more. I'm hunting for a fiberglass one myself

mr m has a different style valance. the ont im talking about is a dirrect replacement for lightning

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm almost certain that it's the same configuration.

Hey Brad, now you can get your 4x4 short bed standard cab and make it look like a lightning. I didn't know LMC sold those lightning parts.

Ryan

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
The top one is the one on my truck. :p

LMC is amazing, I'm pretty sure I'm eventually going to replace all my headlights/brakes/corner lights/bumpers and mirrors with brand new stuff from them.

Michigan
I "HAD" That lightning valance. The guy that bought my truck before me, bought it from the original owner, and the original owner bought the valance, lights and switch from ford. It was already painted to match the truck. I kinda liked it, but as soon as i hit mud, got stuck and there was no way to hook up the strap, and Boom. Noooo more lightning valance......

Picture292.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea if I had that mine would be in a million peices out in the woods. Have plowed the ground too many times wheelin.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I am gonna get me one , I never plan one mudding enuff to rip it off or have to hook up straps to get out, so it will work for me. they look awesome.

Mike

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Oh yea, id love to have one. Maybe when I get my 2wd I will.

Michigan
Yea i wasnt planning on getting stuck either, thats the beauty of boggin lol u never know, a 5 minute trip through some mud can turn into a 5 trucks not being able to pull you out, diesel tractor, 2 day event. Please note one of the fog lights.... I already cracked my new lower valance.. I need to get a lift on that thing pronto!

Picture110-1.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Pic is awsome. Sux about the valance.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
That thing was pretty , I remember the whole story of you getting stuck , I would have been pulling my hair out ,all day wondering what kind of damage I did to my truck and all .Was it totally destroyed? Is it plastic or?

Mike

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
even if it is plastic or fiberglass it looks sweet , I hope it comes in black, even though my truck is red i think it would look good in black.

Mike

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts