Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dealership diagnostic tools

What do they supply for diagnostics on EEC-IV? EEC-V? Mazda computers? Diesel? Also, how often do you see EEC-I, EEC-II and EEC-III and what do the dealers supply for diagnosing those computers?

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
What do they supply for diagnostics on EEC-IV? EEC-V? Mazda computers? Diesel? Also, how often do you see EEC-I, EEC-II and EEC-III and what do the dealers supply for diagnosing those computers?
EEC4 was the ngs,star tester, and the wds later. EEC5 is the ngs,NGS PLUS, WDS, IDS. Mazda is the WDS,IDS,NGS, and a couple of bizarre looking testers. Seldom see the older vehicles (as soon as warranty runs out, the customer doesnt come back, unless an aftermarket shop screws it up, and we have to fix it).Diesel depends on the diagnostic system in place (EEC4-EEC5)

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
EEC4 was the ngs,star tester, and the wds later. EEC5 is the ngs,NGS PLUS, WDS, IDS. Mazda is the WDS,IDS,NGS, and a couple of bizarre looking testers. Seldom see the older vehicles (as soon as warranty runs out, the customer doesnt come back, unless an aftermarket shop screws it up, and we have to fix it).Diesel depends on the diagnostic system in place (EEC4-EEC5)

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Before the NGS was the Monitor for EEC-IV. Did you ever use that?

So diesel uses an EEC-V? I thought that diesel wasn't even OBD2.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Before the NGS was the Monitor for EEC-IV. Did you ever use that?

So diesel uses an EEC-V? I thought that diesel wasn't even OBD2.
I'm not sure about the year, but after a certain year, you could get into the data stream on eec4 with the ngs. Prior to that, you had to use the monitor. OBD2 is in everything now.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts