Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Death Wobble 1997 F350

I need help. My 97 is having a problem which fits the death wobble discription. What should I do to fix? I have already replaced shocks, leaf springs, wheel bearings,roter/brakes,front end alignment. Whats left? Please help. Thanks

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Is any of the steering lose? Ball joints, tie rods, drop pitman arm? What tires do you have? My 36's when cold do the death wobble.

I have 285-75-16 tires. everything feels tight until you hit a large hole. Ialso have new ball joints,and have replaced lower steering shaft.

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
With them tires you shouldnt have it. I do get that every once in a while. Im ordering a dual steering stablizer once of these days. Is there much play in the box? Thats about all thats lose on my truck.

Not much play in the box. However it has a very rough ride. I put the Rancho 5000 shocks on this time. I think it had a lower version of Rancho when this first started.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Thats wierd. Do you have a steering stablizer? Does it do it all the time or just when you hit a pot hole? Drivers side, passanger side?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Humm. Im stumped, if everything is tight, and nothing is lose. I go no idea. Death wobble is usually caus something is lose. There is no tie rod on the sway bar. The sway bar has end links, and no that wouldnt make a death wobble. If a link is gone you will feel the truck swaying more then usually.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Vince sent Brad a TSB in PDF format, and Brad sent it to me to figure out how to get it posted :p Anyways, converted it to jpegs, all 11 pages :headbang: Comin' atcha! Click the thumbnails to make them fullsize.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing that, Chris...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts