Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gas Prices

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
!!!!!! wanna send me over about 38 gallons? we are paying roughly $2.95 a gallon for unleaded regular.............it costs me about $112 to fill up.......got 2 19 gallon tanks

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Paid 2.94 was 3.10 filled both tanks then got to drive in 4x4 for 60 miles at 35 MPH . Well 1 tank is still full.

Something like $2.80/gallon around here, they seem to tax the gas less a little south of here in the suburbs.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
it SHOULD come down to about $1.99......before katrina.....BUT NO they say they are really tight on the oil and need the money........

Michigan
Regular was down to 2.87 now its back up to 3.09, Diesel is around 3.25 last time i put diesel in my dads truck. I think its bloody ridiculous!

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
I'm only 27. There were a few gas stations in my area having a "price war" that summer. 69 cents was the cheapest they got to.

I remember fuming that gas prices went UP to .50/gal at about the same time I started driving....

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
It's 2.79 across the street from me , thats the cheapest I have seen it here , but I fill up w/ BP gas so it's 2.89 a gallon, ( thank god boss pays the tab). I fill up twice a week , 32 gallon tank.
I remember gas was 89cents a gallon, wish the good ole days were here again.
Mike

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
In HS, typical Friday night scene. I'd be getting ready to leave on a date and dad would ask "you got any cash on you?" Of course, never had much, so he'd flip me a $20 ("don't tell mom":) ). I'd run the 442 down to the Standard station, fill up with premium (.25/gal), go take a live one to a movie, grab a bite afterwards..... and come home with change. :headbang: Chitt- Nick's lucky to do the same thing and have change from a $100 bill.

In '79 I bought a Chevy short-wide 4X4 with the fuel-efficient 400V8 and full-time 4WD. :rofl: Gas had just jumped over 50 cents/gallon, and i thought the fuel costs on that truck were gonna kill me (you could literally watch the guage move as you drove).

Back to the original thread- $2.87 for regular, $3.59 for diesel. Across in Washington, where you have to pump your own, it's roughly 25 cents/gallon more.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts