Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wooo first thread!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Got an F150 Centurion Crew Cab. Rolled off the assembly line as a regular cab and Centurion cut and stretched her :)
DSC00738-small.jpg

DSC00740-small.jpg

Here's some photos of the welds:
DSC00856Custom.jpg

DSC00858Custom.jpg

DSC00859Custom.jpg

DSC00860Custom.jpg

DSC00862Custom.jpg

DSC00864Custom.jpg

DSC00867Custom.jpg

DSC00868Custom.jpg

You can see how in the cab they just put another section of overlapping carpet in the back seat, and bolted it down tight. If you didn't see that seam you'd never know they did it ;)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I wish mine was a four door! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That's ok I got enough tied up in mine right now to pay for it twice!:headbang:

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Here is Chris's better cousin:
truckandcamper.jpg

and another shot:
mikestruck2-5-2008001.jpg

Yet another:
mikestruck2-5-2008003.jpg

Hey Chris , it seems from looking at your pics our trucks are rusting in the same spots.
I still have all the Centurion badges on mine, they might be coming off soon.

Mike

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Now I guess I don't know a whole lot about these trucks. Were they sent out to be customized because Ford did not offer a crew cab during those model years or is this for a completly different reason?

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
OH YEAH well i have my OWN custom truck... its an 89 f-150 xlt Grabber edition
990790781_l.jpg

hahaha i love photoshopsmilietease

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I had a Centurion new wish I could find pics. Last month someone was selling New badges for these on eBay

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Hey Chris , did I tell you I seen another Centurian like ours last week?

It was black and had a 6 inch lift on it, mean looking rig.

Mike

Fellro

Staff member
Thing is, the crew cab was offered in 250 and 350, so all the farting around fitting the cab, why not just use a crew cab base, stretch the frame, and do it that way, instead of the hacking and fitting? It's almost the same, with a lot more work...

My truck would fit in this custom truck category too I would suppose

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Did you send me a picture of the centurion in one of those pics? I'll have to take a look when I get back to Davis.

No I didn't send any of It . I have moved several times and the pics just get put in boxes .As you can guess I have allot of boxes anyway with parts.

Hey you need to redo your Photobucket it shows no pics now.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Thing is, the crew cab was offered in 250 and 350, so all the farting around fitting the cab, why not just use a crew cab base, stretch the frame, and do it that way, instead of the hacking and fitting? It's almost the same, with a lot more work...

Because of the hight they sat . turning radius. And the less MPG the heavier trucks got cheaper tires to replace and better ride (they think) . It was a trial run at the F150 crew. But they did these in a short period of time. and they flew off lots.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
There was no 150, 250, or 350 offered in a Crew Cab Short Box configuration. The first year of the CC SB was 1996 when the F-250 was offered in that configuration. I have a feeling thats why a lot of the CC F-150 are prior to 1996...It simply wasn't available from Ford directly.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts