Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

WTB: Dana 44HD from 77.5-79 F250

Manimal

California Chapter member
Looking for a front Dana 44HD from a 1977.5-1979 F250 4wd. I am not worried about the gear ratio,just as long as it's leaf spring high pinion D44. Thanks

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How far you willing to travel or how much in shipping you willing to pay for one???

Manimal

I'm in SoCAL. Funds are limited as I have a special needs 4yr old son that requires MOST of our 'extra' cash.....but it all depends on cost. Thanks

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gotcha...I don't personally have any spares, I just know of quite a few locally anywhere from $100-400, depending on gears, lockers, shafts, etc. If you have a price in mind, shoot me a note and I'll see if I can't get something orchestrated.

Manimal

Gear ratio doesnt really matter. Dont need a locker. This is going into a 1980 Jeep Cherokee full size-daily driver. I wouldnt mind having 4.09.3.73,3.54 gears. That would be easy to match to a rear axle. Thanks
Lance

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Manimal

Thank You....Unfortunately that is the wrong side drop. I have a driver side drop and want to go SOA,that's the reason I was wanting and F250 D44. My front axle is actually good,but I have an AMC 20 (centered) rear axle that the ring and pinion no longer have teeth...thanks to the PO,so I either want to go full floater in the rear and a HP Dana44 front SOA...OR...rebuild my AMC 20.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gotcha...now I understand. I'll still keep an eye out on the forums.

Manimal

Thank You.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts