Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

might be getting a transplant

Hello all,

I might not be around for a while. We just got a call from Little Rock that they have a kidney available. We (my parents and I) will leave for there in a few minutes. They will run tests on me very early in the morning and if all is well I will have the surgery tomorrow.

See you when I return. If it is soon...its not good news. If it is a while, things are going well.

later,
Brian

I'm on this Brian.....Looking forward to your return!!!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hey goodluck with the surgery if it all works out!!! i hope it does! remember don't forget to have the nurses give you a sponge bath ;) see you when you return!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Good Luck Man. Hope it goes well.

bobf100

Great news Brian. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Also get well soon that 56 needs your attention.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Brian, you're in my families thoughts and prayers as well. And you KNOW us Ford people have the strongest prayers!! Those Chevy ad Dodge guys break down so much they think God hates them!! :D And he must, since he breaks them down so much!! So, he'll do you well, nobody's more Ford than a guy driving a stock '56!!

Ok, who can tow me tomorrow. After those comments I think he's gonna strike down my baby to teach me a lesson!smilietease

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Brian, I hope this is the brake you've been waiting for you. Good luck and God speed.

Fellro

Staff member
Awesome news, you're definitely one of the lucky ones. Pray for the family that just lost a loved one as well... they made a tough choice. I did it, and still feel it was a great thing to do, even at such a cost. No one could bring my baby back, so she might as well go for a good cause.

Thanks guys, but I am home now. :headbang:

The next person down the list received my kidney today. Oh well....made somones day!

I am fine. The kidney was a good match. However, when I had my last heart attack (December 9th, 2006), they put me on "plavix". The surgeons will not perform surgery on me when taking that. It would almost guarantee me bleeding to death on the table.

The next step is contact my cardiologist and see if I can stop that medication. The other meds I take are fine. Once that is stopped (assuming I can stop it) and clears out of my system...I am on top of the transplant list again.

Originally, when I was put on the list (last June), it was a 1 year minimum wait (probably 3) with my blood type. Somehow, I climbed the list much faster than I expected.

It is better to delay than die. :)

Back to dialysis tomorrow morning.......:wavey:

Yes...Fellro that was a wonderful thing to do. They can use two kidneys, lungs, heart, pancreas, liver (can be split for two young people), and several other organs. The donor and their families become heros in my eyes. They also build points in the most important place. Even after a death...the person can save and improve many other lives.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Man That sucks. Well lets hope they get the meds figured out. Believe it or not I have built 3 Dialysis clinics since june. Small rural areas.

But lets hope u don't have to do that much longer.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Hello all,

I might not be around for a while. We just got a call from Little Rock that they have a kidney available. We (my parents and I) will leave for there in a few minutes. They will run tests on me very early in the morning and if all is well I will have the surgery tomorrow.

See you when I return. If it is soon...its not good news. If it is a while, things are going well.

later,
Brian

Good luck man...........Sending good vibes your way..........keep us posted and let us know......

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts