Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

302 cut out issue!!

I have a 1990 F150 with the 302 i have had the truck for a few months but in the last two months it started cutting out from take off up to about 35-45mph and then it will stop but if im at a dead stop and pin it to the floor it will not cut out at all. I have replaced the plugs and wires, Distributor cap and rotor, and even bypassed the smog pump as well as removed both of the Cats and nothing seems to be clearing it up. It will not start cutting out until it warms up to normal running temperature so this also confuses me. Check engine light is not on but i hooked my computer up to it and lets it run the system check and it comes up with Thermactor air system fault code 44 but if anyone can possibly give me an idea on which direction to go from here that would be great i am out of ideas. The thermactor air system fault code was on before i bypassed everything and removed cats so removing them didn't cause this code to be thrown. Thanks Cody!!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
This sounds like a simple oxygen sensor issue or something. I'm at work now, so I don't have my book for codes, but I can post it when I get home if no one else gets to it first.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts