Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.9 Cummins in a 60 F250??

Has anyone out there thought of (or actually done it) putting a 5.9 diesel Cummins in a 1960 F250? Or maybe in a 59-61, I think they all had the same frames? Any help would be appreciated.

I will have to admit, my daily driver is a Dodge, which has the 24V Cummins, and they are impressive engines. I know that LMC sells the motor mount kits for gas engines, but since I have my 60 down to the frame, I might as well put the engine I want in it, right?

Attachments

• F250 Frame.JPG

Fellro

Staff member
Found some that were done, but can't directly find any specifics. The motor mounts likely will not be too common with the other conversions, but they can be fabbed relatively easy if you are much good at it. A 24V would be more work due to the electronics, but the P-pump or VE pump are pretty easy to set up.

seen a couple '70's era Fordge's as they are called, I agree sweet setup.
hope you keep us posted...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Hey, the 5.9 Cummins is a whore of an engine. It'll go in anything.

I can say I've never seen one.

Hey, the 5.9 Cummins is a whore of an engine. It'll go in anything.

yep, gotta love 'em... wish I had one of the inline 4cyl. models, I'd it get in my Ranger and then throw a solid axle under it.

OK, optimism seems to be pretty high on this one. I guess it's time to start looking for an engine. If I have to fab some mounts then that's what we'll do... I am not much of a fabricator/welder, but I work with some guys that are AWESOME at it. You would be surprised what some diesel mechanics (that work for an underground mining contractor) can do.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts