Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

If Money Wasn't an Obstacle....

Ok, this is for you F150 guys....
If money wasn't an obstacle, what kind of mods and stuff would you do to your present truck...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!

ZF 5-speed transmission swap :)

After that - 2 more inches of lift (my drop brackets have another set of holes for 2 more inches) and 35" BFG A/Ts

Reunel heavy duty bumpers front and back

1.7 roller rockers

New cam

ported heads

D60 up front and a Sterling 10.25" in the rear.

Hmmm, what else... :D

Last edited:

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Dana 60 HP front Dana 70 rear
408 stroker motor backed by a ZFHD 5 speed
9" suspension lift & 40x17 GroundHawgs

New paint

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
WELL i think you brought up a very huge subject for me at least. heres my list

bore out the 4.9 .030 over, build up the bottom end, machine the crank, stroke the motor, TURBO charge it, (probably switch over to a carb setup so it would be easier to tune and dial in), get an aluminum head from inlinesix.com when they make one, get METAL timing gears instead of the fiber ones on it right now, get the headman headers i was going to put on originally but never did due to lack of funds... some other stuff i can't think of at this moment in time for the engine at least.smiliegitrdone

i too would swap in a ZF 5 speed instead of my m5od...

build up the BW 1345 so it has stronger gears and internals

put a dana 60 in front and a sterling 10.25 in the rear(no im not copying you chris...lol) there would also be a lift kit installed some where in there.

do a frame of (resto) and sandblast the frame and powder coat it. then fix any spot of rust and dents that are on the truck. sand down the body and prime and paint it old ford blue(i WOULD have chosen grabber green but i think that would be WAY to much grabber green for a set of eyes to handlesmilietease

cross brace the frame and probably make it fully boxed while im sandblasting it as well.

get a much better truck toolbox for it AND install a back rack with some daylighters on top of that.

get a leather bench seat for it WITH cup holders built into it.... :beer:

take out the carpet and rhinoline the floor. ANd rhino line the bottom of the body and the doors as well.

make a custom tubed front bumper and possibly a custom rear bumper.

get a 2"cowl induction hood for it.

put a moon roof on it!!! just the glass non moveable though. well maybe make it tilt up for a vent.

thats as much as i can think of right nowsmiliegitrdone

Lets see... I love the truck, but I might get...

A new home for it...
FordTruckHome.jpg

And a personal Mechanic!

mechanic-1.jpg

Oh and new Big Brother....

bigbrother.jpg

FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!

ZF 5-speed transmission swap :)

After that - 2 more inches of lift (my drop brackets have another set of holes for 2 more inches) and 35" BFG A/Ts

Reunel heavy duty bumpers front and back

1.7 roller rockers

New cam

ported heads

D60 up front and a Sterling 10.25" in the rear.

Hmmm, what else... :D
What, no new pine tree air freshner?

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
4 inch lift kit,, 33 BFG a/t's
longtube headers ( yes Chris, they are allowed here smilietease )
paintjob , keep original color
build up a E4OD
new bumpers
lightning air dam w/ lights
cam
1.7 rockers
MAF setup
about it for now...
some of it will be a reality by years end...to be continued...

Mike

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Let's see, you asked for it..

Body off - sandblast, box and powdercoat the entire frame. All brand new parts throughout, custom truck-arm rear suspension - custom installed mustang II style front suspension (coilovers, tubular a-arms etc. etc.). Big fat swaybars (lowered to best handling position :D).

Roll cage, all new fuel system - fuel cell, full AN lines, fuel pump to handle all I can ask of it. Oh a nice fabbed stainless bed fill in (to sit flush with the sides of the bed, tonneau type thing). Keep the original dash, with full autometer gauges.. Corbeau seats with 4-point harness', Full alpine stereo system. A ZF trans of course.

Built to the tits 427 all forged, dry sump, twin turbo.

17" Fikses, some massive slicks.. on all corners :D.

All new panels, fresh paint, shaved drip rails, remove all emblems but the F150's on the side (the way it is already - except fill holes :p) I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out. :D

Ed; Can't forget some massive brembo 6 piston and 4 piston calipers respectively.. oh and a built 9".

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok so I am already doin everything you can to the motor, trans and shafts. Oh maybe a charger!

So I would have to say a new paint job, bigger lift, Line-X bedliner, and such!

Ok so I am already doin everything you can to the motor, trans and shafts. Oh maybe a charger!

So I would have to say a new paint job, bigger lift, Line-X bedliner, and such!
It's the "AND SUCH" that scares us all, Doc!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well you ALWAYS have to leave it open for a possible "Blown" 6.0 to go in there! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
No kiddin maybe really cheap!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
As soon as taxes get back she should be on the road. had to wait for the final push of money! Everthing is ready its just a matter of picking everything up now.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Ok, this is for you F150 guys....
If money wasn't an obstacle, what kind of mods and stuff would you do to your present truck...

Automatic levelling airbags under my rear leafs and a proper 40 gallong fuel tank.

Gunner

Id drop in a SuperCharged 5.4L Triton for starters.

Fresh re-paint.

God the list could go on but what i really want to do is drop a lightning engine (Gen 2) in my truck with a nice exhaust!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts