Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ask and you shall receive!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'm currently mulling over a weekly installment of cleaning/detailing tips and procedures to be communicated via photos or video. I'd like to get a few ideas from ya'll as to my first topics; things you'd be interested in tackling on your ride. And, to make everything fun, I'll challenge you to perform the task on your ride en contest to be a 'clean ride of the week' of sorts!

I've already lined up a few ideas, including:

- Headlight restoration
- Quick scratch removal
- Proper clay bar use
- Waterless washing

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Austin said:
I'm currently mulling over a weekly installment of cleaning/detailing tips and procedures to be communicated via photos or video. I'd like to get a few ideas from ya'll as to my first topics; things you'd be interested in tackling on your ride. And, to make everything fun, I'll challenge you to perform the task on your ride en contest to be a 'clean ride of the week' of sorts!

- Headlight restoration
- Quick scratch removal
- Proper clay bar use
- Waterless washing

Carpet stains
Chrome polishing/pitting
Storage cleaning tips
Vinyl
Tires
Overspray
Rust
Tools

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Austin said:

- Headlight restoration
- Quick scratch removal
- Proper clay bar use
- Waterless washing

I'd be all over this!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Subscribed.

I'd be interest in any buffing info. Primarily buffer angle and speed...how to know what pads to use and when...and I'm sure more will come to me.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Groovy. I'll pick some ideas from the pot and get cracking on how-to's.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
so I guess making Gumby out of the clay bar is a no no :nono:

serious, I have a really big job with OldOrange, the paint is so oxidized. I bought an electric polisher/buffer, will wait for your tips first before I use it.

Yup, oxydation and faded paint is a big one.
As already stated, the headlight one is big, if people can save by cleaning it up themselves as opposed to buying a whole new assembly or lens, that would be awesome.

ADD:
-revitalizing faded plastic
-door jam cleaning
-dusting dash components
-glass
-cold weather ideas (meaning doing some of these cleaning tips, but during the rough winter months for some that may not have a heated garage)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
As already stated, the headlight one is big, if people can save by cleaning it up themselves as opposed to buying a whole new assembly or lens, that would be awesome.

I think this is a tricky one, there comes a point of diminishing returns. I seem to remember Austin's Mark had an assembly with an MSRP of 2 bills...when I had the E350 a new assembly was $18, doubt you could even get a kit for that, much less your time and equipment.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I think this is a tricky one, there comes a point of diminishing returns. I seem to remember Austin's Mark had an assembly with an MSRP of 2 bills...when I had the E350 a new assembly was $18, doubt you could even get a kit for that, much less your time and equipment.

Agreed.....for some of the older vehicles, your $18 figure makes more sense, but a lot of the newer vehicles headlight assemblies are just outright ridiculous in price.

I replaced the headlight in the Bumpside for $12 at walmart.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Polishing diamond plate....I like the write up in the tech section.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts