Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ben, you're next in line!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I finally got a hold of a black vehicle to throw some compound on, and man this thing is gonna look sharp!

2012-07-04_16-43-03_254.jpg

2012-07-04_16-43-34_376.jpg

2012-07-04_16-54-11_53.jpg

2012-07-04_16-55-31_986.jpg

2012-07-04_16-55-18_236.jpg

Here's a nice comparison.

2012-07-04_17-19-36_987.jpg

I masked around the lettering to preserve its finish, and you can tell the night and day difference.

2012-07-04_17-36-53_423.jpg

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Wow Austin, fantastic!!!!!!!
You sure you don't want to start up your own detailing business?!
Over here on the Island there sure are a lot to chose from. Heck, just down the way from the farm, a guy details out of his garage for extra coin. He advertises by parking a freshly detail vehicle on his lawn, it sure makes you slow down and take a look!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm getting excited. Truth be told, when I bought the Lincoln, it had 3 years worth of swirl marks, and the dealership told me they wouldn't even touch a black vehicle with a buffer...shoulda been a red flag. Regardless, I'm getting excited...haha.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Wow Austin, fantastic!!!!!!!
You sure you don't want to start up your own detailing business?!
Over here on the Island there sure are a lot to chose from. Heck, just down the way from the farm, a guy details out of his garage for extra coin. He advertises by parking a freshly detail vehicle on his lawn, it sure makes you slow down and take a look!

Thanks Roy! I know I can make some serious coin off of doing this, and I'd definitely enjoy my job, but I'm going to hold off until I get a little more time under my belt. My biggest fear is ruining somebody's paint (a very real possibility with this rotary buffer).

I'm getting excited. Truth be told, when I bought the Lincoln, it had 3 years worth of swirl marks, and the dealership told me they wouldn't even touch a black vehicle with a buffer...shoulda been a red flag. Regardless, I'm getting excited...haha.

Lay it on me!! smilieFordlogo I guess I need a weekend trip excuse now.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Lay it on me!! smilieFordlogo I guess I need a weekend trip excuse now.

Umm...I'm the following comment doesn't make me feel as warm and fuzzy...

My biggest fear is ruining somebody's paint (a very real possibility with this rotary buffer). .

Just kiddin man...you do great work...from what I've seen, I wouldn't hesitate to let you touch any of my rigs. Tell ya what, I'll let you practice on the Bronco...progress to Thunder, then to the Lincoln and finally Red. Sound good??? And you do work for free, right??? HAHAHA

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
:rofl: Sounds like a game plan right there!

And by free, I'm assuming that includes a steak and a few minutes alone with Red, right?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
:rofl: Sounds like a game plan right there!

And by free, I'm assuming that includes a steak and a few minutes alone with Red, right?

How about 2 steaks and I'll let you take pictures of Red...maybe even a vid of her running.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
What compound was that? I just got some Maguiars Ultimate Compound and it seems to work pretty good after 5 passes with it. My 1 stage paint is pretty crappy, so any improvement looks good. Damn you're talented Austin.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
What compound was that? I just got some Maguiars Ultimate Compound and it seems to work pretty good after 5 passes with it. My 1 stage paint is pretty crappy, so any improvement looks good. Damn you're talented Austin.

Thank ya sir! I used Meguiar's medium cut cleaner. For something like the single stage, you may want to try the diamond cut compound.

If you can get your hands on the diamond cut, you'll immediately feel the difference. The ultimate compound will feel like a polish, whereas the diamond cut will have more of a texture to it.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I used an orbital on that Chevy a few months back with good results. You may need to do some wet sanding.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts