Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

July 2012 Truck of the Month

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Congratulations, Ken! Well deserved! smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Congratulations, Ken. Very nice truck, and the picture respresents the truck well. I always wondered what the back story was on that truck!

Good pick.....

Congratulations Ken your truck is absolutely spotless and a credit to you - its great that you know exactly how it was put together and can trace it back to the original owner.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Congrats Ken!

Congratulations, Ken! Well deserved! smilieFordlogo

Congrats Ken beautiful truck

Congratulations, Ken. Very nice truck, and the picture respresents the truck well. I always wondered what the back story was on that truck!

Congratulations Ken, enjoyed your write up. What a beautiful truck, went to a good home again, you really take care of it :) smilieFordlogo

Thanks....it really has become part of our family and one of my joys is cleaning and taking care of it. Being able to work on it (although it's very little maintenance these days and pretty much just cool and fun upgrades) is another huge blessing, but I'm still learning a ton and building up my tool collection.

Good pick.....

Congratulations Ken your truck is absolutely spotless and a credit to you - its great that you know exactly how it was put together and can trace it back to the original owner.

This makes it more special for sure. As the third owner of a rig that's almost as old as I am is pretty special. Being able to talk to the original owner is pretty neat. But the builders of this rig were just as careful if not more careful than I am. I remember in my earlier discussions of buying this rig, the PO said that it only touched water once in 8 years; he was at a car show and it suddenly rained! Dang. Always in a heated garage, etc.

Congratulations... a simply outstanding truck Ken.

Congradulations Ken...I just love that rig!

Congrats on TOTM Ken. Wow , I didn't know you drove that truck cross country. That was brave.

I suppose so.....it wasn't bad and the PO said (I started to trust him after while and seeing his "OTHER" builds on his property when I got there gave me more confidence! :)) he was confident it could circle the US with no issues. He was right. It had 6000 miles on it in Washington State (this was a restored odometer cluster, so it started at 0 when the build was complete and it became road worthy) when we picked it up and rolled into Maine with just over 10k miles 2 weeks later! This thing drove like a new car and it was amazing to see how it compared to newer vehicles going through the mountains. I saw those brand new trucks down shifting up those mountains and the old/new dent kept crawling up those hills at 70+mph without even flinching. Pretty amazing.

congrats mate, very very well deserved!!!

That truck is incredible - I love it!

Congrats Ken!

THANKS EVERYONE!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome to the Dentside Domination Coalition, Ken. Congrats, well deserved.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Congrats!!!smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Congrats Ken, good looking truck.

Ford Truck Articles