Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where's my Amp ??

I have a 1994 F150 that has the Premium sound system . My left side speakers have quit working both front and rear . I've checked out the speakers themselves and they are fine , tried a different stereo with the same results , no left side , so the only thing I can figure is the factory amp has gone bad !! So what I'm asking is , does anybody know the location of the factory amp on this system . I'd like to simply bypass it if possible . any help would be appreciated !!! ...cougar...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
'94 with factory premium sound? Did they offer that from the factory back then?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yes sir they did. I've always heard that it's behind the dash, between the steering column and the stereo, but I've never ACTUALLY seen it there.

Last edited:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I have a 1994 F150 that has the Premium sound system . My left side speakers have quit working both front and rear . I've checked out the speakers themselves and they are fine , tried a different stereo with the same results , no left side , so the only thing I can figure is the factory amp has gone bad !! So what I'm asking is , does anybody know the location of the factory amp on this system . I'd like to simply bypass it if possible . any help would be appreciated !!! ...cougar...

I only have info back to 96 on hand, but if it's the same it'll be on the right hand side of the steering colum mounted to the back of the dash. Hope this helps.

Okay Great !

Hey this is great ! Now does anybody have any idea of what this critter looks like ,(boy, aint I a pain) lol . Is it silver cast alum. or maybe painted black steel , its been a while since I crawled under the dash and kinda forgot what everything looks like ! Hey thank guys ! ....cougar....

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Hey this is great ! Now does anybody have any idea of what this critter looks like ,(boy, aint I a pain) lol . Is it silver cast alum. or maybe painted black steel , its been a while since I crawled under the dash and kinda forgot what everything looks like ! Hey thank guys ! ....cougar....

Probably a silver box it may even say something about premium sound.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Ita a sliver box HAs a mounting plate 4X 6 ish in size. If remove radio and your truck has the amp. The piggy back harness plugs into stock dash harness right in radio bay . You can follow down to amp. Mines mounted right below right dash air vent

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts