Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Do Red Cars Get the Most (Bird) Crap?

Do Red Cars Get the Most (Bird) Crap?

Driving a cherry red convertible doesn't just put you at a higher risk for tickets — you're also more likely to be chit on by birds, according to a new British study.

Well, the study actually calls the most bird poop-friendly color "crimson." But either way.

Researchers checked cars in five different U.K. cities, and determined that red cars were the most likely to be hit with bird droppings: 18 percent of them were marked. Blue and black were in second and third place, with a respective 14 and 11 percent. Green cars are apparently a total turn-off — only one percent were chit on.

There's very little explanation for what does seem to be a significant bias. The original article makes one suggestion on behalf of the drivers interviewed.

"Although there is no science to back the theory, some drivers believe birds target red cars because they see the colour as signifying danger and attack."

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'll say this, Red does seem to be a bird turd magnet...I find my black rigs encountered more droppings than blue, but they were close anyway. The brown metallic bronco...rarely ever a bird turd.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
My red truck can't go two days from a wash/wax without bird bombs landing on it, while the white truck can go a month without necessarily catching one.

Ryan

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
af3cb811.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Oh, great... and I just waxed the Lincoln!

I will say that my Mark and my grandfather's Town Car both end up being crappier than the other cars on the family compound. Whereas the Ranger has been untouched since I bought it!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts