Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

help

I have a 99 f-150 with a 351/ carb motor. I'm having issues with it starting. When I frist go out an start the truck it starts up fine but as soon as it warms up an I go anywhere it has a really hard time starting turns over fine but seams like its not fireing over I have used starter fluid to check an see if its a fuel issue an it still won't start. I'm gonna pull the plugs this afternoon an see if that's it.but what I'm wondering about is if it could be the timing iv done a lot of reseavrch an was told that it could be that the timing is to advanced. If anybody can give me some advice on stuff to check I would surly use all i can get this is my baby an I really want her to run like a champ thanks

Last edited:
It turns over really good. Just takes forever for it to fire off an sometimes it takes two or three times before it will fire off good enough to start the truck I'm trying to learn an I just got the truck so I'm having to work out the kinks. The starter is good an its getting fuel so that was my next guess. Thank u for ur help

Ford Truck Articles