Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351 fuel pump issues

so today i went out and bought a new fuel pump for my center tank i bought the truck thinking it was the fuel pumps that went but when i pull them off and hooked them up to a seperate power source they both worked so i bought a new one just for the hell of it basically but anyway i was reading up on why it would the fuel pumps would not be getting power and 1. the inertia switch. went to go see if it was popped it was not 2. the relays checked them by attaching a wire to a jumper and it sparked which means no broken parts inside etc. 3. no power is going to the fuel pump relays or the pumps everything else works on the truck wipers blinkers lights etc but for some reason the fuel pumps do not want to go the fuel tank selector works im going to guess because when i switch them it tells me how much fuel is in each tank. so please help me im fairly new to working on cars but truck does fire up when gas is in it so please any ideas would help:hammer:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
What year is the truck that makes a big difference in the diagnostics.

Have you checked the codes?

the truck year is 1997 f250 2wd and there is no power going to the pumps at all and no power seems to be getting to the relay but everything works im really confused

:headbang: okay so i went through the truck to see if i could find some type of connection and i came up with this there is no power going to the inertia the fuel pumps or the relays it seems to be dead going from the battery to the relay and i just want to know what needs to be done like i said power every where else engine does fire up with fuel in the system

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts