Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

3rd gen 142" WB trucks

havi

third member
Hi all, I know this won't get seen much, but I thought I'd throw a feeler out there for anyone who happens to know where I can find a 142" WB '57-60 Ford truck. These would be in the F500 or F600 range. Thanks!

Scott - I'll be going up to SD tomorrow night with a buddy that is picking up a car, and while in the neighborhood will also do a parts swap with Mark, Thundersnow70. I'll then spend most of Saturday morning at Mark's favorite yard. I'll have my tape measure with me and will see what I can find. That shouldn't be real hard to find. Stu

Scott - check the SD Craigslist. There's a running '57 F-500 that looks to be a 142" listed in Mobridge for $1250 asking. IMHO a '57 is the best one to have. I'd do a link but don't think I can do that from the phone. Stu

havi

third member
Thanks, Stu! In the near future, I'll see what other years share the same chassis. I'm really getting myself psyched for this build. I mean, how many half tons can one have? lol.

havi

third member
Found a couple in the Dakotas, but neither gave me a resilient, "Yes, it's for sale" comment, so I'm still looking.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts