Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Two steps forward…..one step backwards! Need MII rack PS hose help!

Got the 460 running a couple of weeks ago and after a few little bugs settled down and ran very nice (sweet) so far.:)

Back to doing other things but started to notice a little power steering oil drip on the floor, checked it out and the high pressure adaptor fitting that goes in a new type (94 V style Mustang) Heidts supplied rack is weeping when just sitting (gravity) not sure if it leaks when running.

Took it apart yesterday and the fitting is very sloppy in the threads and can’t tell if the o ring is sealing.

Re-checked the size of the port in the Heidts instructions (M14x1.5) and of the Mullins (now owned by Borgeson) 925102 hose and adaptor kit which is the correct part number for the application but could not find a dimension chart to confirm the size of the adaptor.

I think that I might have the wrong adaptor but I am confusing myself with all the different possible sizes that ford used on the MII rack pressure port. Heidts have the adaptors listed but no illustration, just says o ring, Billet Specialties have a picture that shows the o ring at the bottom of the adaptor, speedway have a 2 piece kit that has the o ring and Teflon washer at the top of the thread. Color me confused! :headbang:

When I installed these during the build last year, I remember that one of the fittings (return?) was very tight to thread right from the start, which makes me suspicious that they might be the wrong size; I’m hesitant to disturb this fitting in the aluminum threads. :suspicious:

Has anyone installed the adaptors in the newer rack, what did they look like, and where did you get them? Help please!

An update for future archeological digs (searches) by other old farts including the non-posting lookers!

The existing fitting does have the top o-ring and looks like it should seal on the top, but that is part of the problem, if it is the wrong fitting that might not mean much.

I have an email into Heidts, so I will see what they say?

In the meantime I did find this set from Borgeson.
14MM and 16MM top seal O-ring adapter set

untitled.jpg
[/IMG]​
Power Steering Hose Adapter Set. Stainless steel 14MM and 16MM top seal O-ring adapter set. Adapts to a -6AN for custom hose applications.

Thanks again, solution if and when found will be posted for the unwashed or technical needy like me.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts