Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Removing lettering

I want to remove the lettering off the side of my truck... Does any one know a cost effective way to do so? I was told the goo gone stuff at pep boys works... and it was a waste of time and money! Advice please@

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
If your talking about the little vinal like letters I've heard you can use a heat gun or a hair dryer

You can. I use WD 40 which will take off emblems,tint, bumper stickers. Just have to let it soak in.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I use WD40 and really careful with a razor on things like dealership emblems.

tedrow42

Missouri Chapter member
I knew a guy that had a detailing biz he had plastic razors for just such reason... no clue where they can be bought though he got all his stuff from a suply dealer

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I was just getting ready to say plastic razor blades. I use them all the time I buy them by the 100 pack.
Do not use a heat gun way to hot and will blister the paint off way to easy.
A little WD40 or goo gone will remove the sticker material soak it down well and work s plastic body putty knife in behind and they will come off.
You can sand the edge of the body filler knife to a finer edge and they work pretty well.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I use heat guns and aircraft sticker remover. Works REALLY well, but you do have to watch your heat with the gun, but the sticker will peel right off. Then all you have is a little residue to knock off and you are golden. AGAIN BE CAREFUL WITH THE HEAT GUN!

Since it's not been specified if your lettering is vinyl or 'old school' painted, I'm going to go with the painted removal advice. Easyoff oven cleaner was what was recommended to me and it's what I've always used......in the shade.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If your talking about the little vinal like letters I've heard you can use a heat gun or a hair dryer

I've used a hair dryer before and works perfect (sprayed windex or soapy water on top first), then like mentioned already, use the goo gone for the residue left behind.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts