Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Suspension Question

I recently got this 61 f100, and I realize its going to was to drive different then im use to. I installed a steering damper to help with control, but when i hit a bump i feel like the truck rear is going to come around. It has good joints and bushings on the front. new shocks all around. Any help you guys/gals might provide is greatly appreciated. Im looking for the cheapest most effective way to have better control instead of the truck wanting to ride in the ruts. thanks

Brandon

tinman52

Tin bender
What kind of tires are you running? Good radials make those trucks drive pretty nice. Also have you had an alignment done? Something may be out of whack.
These old trucks definitely drive differently than a modern vehicle......that's what makes them fun!

What do you consider cheapest most effective? You can do a front suspension swap putting in '03-'11 Crown Vic IFS. It is a bolt in with minor fab work required. You will get independent front suspension with rack & pinion steering along with 12" rotors & dual piston calipers. You will also pick up an anti sway bar. If you go with a police interceptor unit you will have the police handling pkg.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts