Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Road trip for an air cleaner

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon for eastern OH/western PA. It's a quick trip - have to be back in MT next Wed after logging 5,000 miles in the Shelby.

My posting will be sporadic for the next week, but I'll check in as best I can.

Not sure the exact route I'm taking but may get close to Stu.... and maybe even make St Louis one way. It would be great to meet some of you, but it seems like it's always the wrong time of day when I roll thru.

Should be on the road eastbound Wed afternoon thru Friday evening. Westbound Monday thru Wed. If any of you have flexible schedules and want to reach me you can at 406 261 6665

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Will do - but outbound I'll probably jump down on 90 and run that as far as Souix Falls.

I make the trip at least once a year and usually run 94 but wanted a little variety this time.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
if you make St. Louis let us know.

I sure will - I don't have phone numbers for any of you in that area. You might shoot me a pm with a number where you can be reached. I'd appreciate very much a chance to meet any of you in the St Louis area.
Tim

My internet access will be limited to locations like McD's wifi for my laptop. My cell is just a phone :/

I'm off to work for a few hours before heading out.

Fellro

Staff member
If you roll on 80, you will come right by me. I can give a nice route too that cuts out at Albert Lea in Minnesota, but 90-29-80 is a nice route as well. Even coming 90-35-18-218-380-80 runs right by me. Otherwise you run more of Chicago. Just depends if you feel you can spare the time as you pass. Eventually the family wants to wander back out toward Kalispell again, wife hasn't made it out there with me yet. Might get as close as Yellowstone, but more likely will just get to the Black Hills this year.

When you get east, depending where you are going in western PA, 80 turns to toll road all the way across Indiana and Ohio. If you are going mid to southern, it is worth it to drop south at the Quad Cities on 74 and go across that way to Indianapolis and catch 70 at that point.

Last edited:
I called and left a voice message Tim. If you don't get it I hope you see this. I'm just off I-55 and I-72 if you come this way, and would love to get together. My cell is (217) 741-0540. Stu

havi

third member
Any chance of picking up that F4 from the flatheadv8.org site, and dropping it off at my place? lol. Probably not, huh. Either way, safe travels!

Tim and I connected for breakfast yesterday morning. Had a good visit, played show and tell about my inventory of old junk, and I even got to drive the Shelby! Thanks Tim, and thanks for breakfast. As everyone knows, Tim is a great guy, and it always helps to connect a face with a friend you've known for years through the 'puter. Have a safe trip, Tim. Stu

timandshelby.jpg

Last edited:

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Can I drive the Shelby if I meet you at exit 87? smilieFordlogo

Glad you two got together.

Sure - give me a phone number - how flexible is your schedule on Tuesday am? Better text it in case I can't get back on here.

406 261 6665

I enjoyed that visit with Stu a bunch - great time and a good break in the trip. I've always appreciated his posts, and meeting him in person was a highlight on the trip. Thanks Stu!

I'm heading out in the morning - if it looks like I'll make St Louis at a reasonable time I'll call Scott when I know how its going. Text me if anybody can get together Monday evening and I'll let you guys figure out where. I have gps so give me an address and I'm good.

Havi, I got your cell msg but I can't respond - unreliable cell service where I am. By morning I'll be good.

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
isn't that always how it works?

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Sometimes it works and sometimes not - I'm back home as of 4:30 this am. Great trip all-around and got done what I needed, just not all of what I wanted.

Mileage was between 24.3 and 29.8 at 65-80 mph. Marathon, Cenex and Exxon gas gave the best mpg .........fwiw

Just under 5,000 miles in a week - Wed pm to Wed am. Think I'll sleep now!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts