Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Heard on a Radio 'Car Show' that....

Saturday, I was listening to a radio talk show about cars and the auto biz in general. It was on that program I heard that Ford is launching a new Platinum series Superduty. It was described as a trim level above that of the King Ranch, if you can feature that. The host said to look for a MSRP north of 70k and maybe as much as 75k.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What a load. It's not "optimized" to work with gloves. It just uses an older style resistive screen instead of the newer capacitive screens you see on phones and tablets. Resistive screens don't need actual skin contact to function correctly but they're also not as sensitive/responsive to touch and don't support multi-touch.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Remember those twisty-type things they used to put in trucks to control the heat and stuff? "Knobs" I think they called 'em. You could work those with gloves on, too- they worked pretty good.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Remember those twisty-type things they used to put in trucks to control the heat and stuff? "Knobs" I think they called 'em. You could work those with gloves on, too- they worked pretty good.

Can I get an Amen.

What a load. It's not "optimized" to work with gloves. It just uses an older style resistive screen instead of the newer capacitive screens you see on phones and tablets. Resistive screens don't need actual skin contact to function correctly but they're also not as sensitive/responsive to touch and don't support multi-touch.

A good resistive screen can be better than some of the cheaper capacitive screens.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana

Can I get an Amen.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knobs? go on... what is this thing called knob? 2 of my 3 trucks still have the levers for climate control, and they work great with gloves on...

And they didn't even call it "Climate Control" back then... heat or air conditioning. or defrost.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts