Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Good Find Rare 1970

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good looking truck for 2600. Not sure it's as rare as the guy thinks it is, and thought it woulda been 360 in that truck, could be wrong about the engine though.

The Farm & Ranch is a fairly rare option to find now. If the truck is as solid as it looks and is an actual Farm & Ranch (do your homework) definitely a great buy at $2600. This particular truck is well known. It was once for sale at $4000. Then it popped up in 2009 on Fordification. http://www.fordification.com/library/main.php?g2_itemId=1747&g2_imageViewsIndex=1 is the original sales brochure. Two tone paint would designate the top of the line pickup. I found a Red/White for sale back in 2007 that did not have the side boards. While no great source this excerpt is from Wikipedia

"...After the 1968 models, Ford discontinued the "Low GVWR" versions. Still available was the Camper Special option, along with the new Explorer Special (a limited edition trim and option package), Contractor's Special(including a behind the seat toolbox and 3/4 ton (F-250) suspension), Farm and Ranch Special, and Heavy-Duty Special. Most of these "specials" from 1967 to 1972 were made in relatively low numbers and are now becoming increasingly difficult to locate.[citation needed] Voltmeters and oil pressure gauges were optional.[6]..."

I was unable to locate any production numbers on the option.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The Farm & Ranch is a fairly rare option to find now. If the truck is as solid as it looks and is an actual Farm & Ranch (do your homework) definitely a great buy at $2600. This particular truck is well known. It was once for sale at $4000. Then it popped up in 2009 on Fordification. http://www.fordification.com/library/main.php?g2_itemId=1747&g2_imageViewsIndex=1 is the original sales brochure. Two tone paint would designate the top of the line pickup. I found a Red/White for sale back in 2007 that did not have the side boards. While no great source this excerpt is from Wikipedia

"...After the 1968 models, Ford discontinued the "Low GVWR" versions. Still available was the Camper Special option, along with the new Explorer Special (a limited edition trim and option package), Contractor's Special(including a behind the seat toolbox and 3/4 ton (F-250) suspension), Farm and Ranch Special, and Heavy-Duty Special. Most of these "specials" from 1967 to 1972 were made in relatively low numbers and are now becoming increasingly difficult to locate.[citation needed] Voltmeters and oil pressure gauges were optional.[6]..."

I was unable to locate any production numbers on the option.

No doubt a good truck at $2600, but having done lots of homework on old steel, the vast number of trucks produced leads me to believe that there aren't many trucks out there that should be considered rare (unhacked, original...different story), regardless of what wiki says or how many owners say their truck is rare.

Last edited:
No doubt a good truck at $2600, but having done lots of homework on old steel, the vast number of trucks produced leads me to believe that there aren't many trucks out there that should be considered rare (unhacked, original...different story), regardless of what wiki says or how many owners say their truck is rare.

Not in disagreement in concept. There are a few truck packages that are very rare to find nowadays. After all a quick search on the net only yielded 2. Another "rare" pickup from Ford is the one with dual oval rear windows instead of the single rectangular. It was built in the '73-'79 series trucks. If memory serves me right they were all flaresides. In contrast my truck is a Custom. They are everywhere. From what I know the Farm & Ranch along with the Contractors Special are far more rare than finding a Ranger. I have never seen an actual Farm & Ranch or Contractors Special. I have only heard of 1 Contractors Special.

On a side note does everyone know this series truck was built in Brazil all the way up to '92? Shipping might be rough but it sounds like a great source for parts.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
There was a guy down the road from my parents when i was a kid that had a 69 or 70 that said "Farm and Ranch" on the side...it might still be in his barn...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Not in disagreement in concept. There are a few truck packages that are very rare to find nowadays. After all a quick search on the net only yielded 2. Another "rare" pickup from Ford is the one with dual oval rear windows instead of the single rectangular. It was built in the '73-'79 series trucks. If memory serves me right they were all flaresides. In contrast my truck is a Custom. They are everywhere. From what I know the Farm & Ranch along with the Contractors Special are far more rare than finding a Ranger. I have never seen an actual Farm & Ranch or Contractors Special. I have only heard of 1 Contractors Special.

On a side note does everyone know this series truck was built in Brazil all the way up to '92? Shipping might be rough but it sounds like a great source for parts.

Yep, the Custom package was the base model truck. Hense my screen name, base model SWB f100...

Never seen those specific models, I need to get back to reading the archives over at Fordification...

And a rare truck would be a true M-Series bumpside, only made for two years IIRC, after that they were rebadged F-Series

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts