Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

windsor camshaft

hey guys im new to the fourm and was wondering, I have a 1972 351w and would like to know what would be the best cam to get, i will be using the stock heads the block is bored .040 over and im using a proformer intake. I'm looking for somting that is going to give me a nice lopy sound and great proformace. any help would be awesome thanks.

I'm looking for somting that is going to give me a nice lopy sound and great proformace.
Well.. the short story is you ain't gonna get it. Those heads are WAY too small for the motor which effectively limits the powerband to something like 0-4000rpm, and to get a really lumpy idle you need a cam designed to produce power from 3000rpm and up. So you got a choice to make, do you want a motor that souds all bad assed but is a real pooch, or one that sounds rather tame but will bark the tires any time you want them to? If you just want the sound go ahead and get that 300deg duration race cam, but if you want the performance select something like the comp 35-234-3 or 35-238-3.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts