Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1979 F Series

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
img409.jpg

img410.jpg

img411.jpg

img412.jpg

img413.jpg

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Damn, they put the 300 I6 into F600s?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sure, low revving with a decent amount of torque.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Indeed, although i dont have a pic they were also used in large step vans similar to UPS Delivery trucks.in my service station days we serviced a fleet of them.they would run well past 2 to 300,000 miles before a major overhaul was needed.a very strong and reliable engine.I had a 95 F150 4x4 with the 300 sold it at 150k a few yrs back due to clutch & rust issues,didnt want to put any more dough into it, but saw it the other day still pluggin along...:)

Last edited:

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I always knew the 300 was a good strong engine, but didnt think it was F600 strong :)

I talked to a guy at a dealership who destroyed 3 or 4 300 I6's during cash for clunkers and he said they all ran atleast 10 minutes with no oil, coolant, and a block on the pedal....

I myself has had 2, One in a 83 and one in a 96, both had plenty of power but got crappy mileage, but id take a 300 over a 302 anyday.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It's interesting that when they are advertising here for comfort, it's room and window view, not stuff like: electronics, ac, etc. They were truly work trucks back then. Cool ad!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I want a set of medium duty push button doors to put on a light duty rig sooo badly. I can find them all day, they're just $2-3k with a free truck attached.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts