Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.0 home made decal

I looked for a good decal for sale but could not find one so I made my own,now when I open my hood people can see its a 5.0 ,just like the old days when the decal was on the air cleaners and you knew what engine was in it.what do you think does it look ok?
engin5094f150004.jpg

That looks great

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I looked for a good decal for sale but could not find one so I made my own,now when I open my hood people can see its a 5.0 ,just like the old days when the decal was on the air cleaners and you knew what engine was in it.what do you think does it look ok?
engin5094f150004.jpg

I like it,great job.

Fellro

Staff member
Looks sweet! I was expecting to see more of a hack job by the title, looks very professional!

thanks all,decals are easy to make on the pc,I make a design or find one I like on ebay or other sites,copy the pic to my pictures,print one out on the printer,then i spray clear coat or poly on it,let dry ,if they get a little wrinkled put them in a phone book for a day and they press out good,then I put double face tape on the back then I cut them out then peel and stick ,and thats it,they will fade if left out in the sun,but are real good under the hood or on things you dont leave out in the sun,here is some I made and put on my battery in my 63 f100
342.jpg
CNR7pg2kKGrHqQOKpQEyjCzFonBNCCyDfDpw_12.jpg
ladyluckv-1258062904-3006.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts