Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

the little 302 that could!!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok... up until now i hadnt really ran the truck out real hard cause i was still working the bugs out and wanted to see if any more issues would arise.

well for the last week or so the ole trucks been running GREAT.

So tonight i put it to the test!

so a neighbor to my parents is a BIG mustang enthusiast. I've hung out with him alot over the past few years

he has a 04 Mustang Mach 1 completely stock, and also a 99 Mustang V6 w/aftermarket heads, Cam and Intake.

well for fun i threw a challenge out to him..

the Flareside Vs. the sixer mustang.. which is NOT slow. certainly no GT but pretty quick.

will my Flareside hung with it the whole 1/2 mile we ran them out..

lost by bout 1 car length.. Larry (buddy) was super impressed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Stock form he's giving up a couple hp, but he has the weight advantage...plus performance upgrades. Dude either needs to learn to drive, or get a refund on the heads/cam/intake if he only beat you by a length after a half mile.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
In high school I got beat by a v6 bone stock mustang by probably 5 car lengths. I think it was a 2003. I was running m 94 351 w/ 3.55 gears. This was about a 1/4 mile run.

Ryan

..... don't care if yall think its a "fish story"
I do not think it's a "fish story". If you and your buddy are impressed by the way your 302 is running just enjoy it. A good running V-8 always brings a smile to my face. I hope it does for you too.:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I do not think it's a "fish story". If you and your buddy are impressed by the way your 302 is running just enjoy it. A good running V-8 always brings a smile to my face. I hope it does for you too.:)

Agreed...I have no doubt you hung with him...I've hung with cars that shoulda spanked me...only to realize the driver couldn't drive or the stickers on the back window were only advertisements.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
biggest reason a I bung is he couldn't keep it from spinning tires

but its whatever. don't care if yall think its a "fish story"

Hi Chris, I'm sorry about the "fish story" comment, I only meant it as a light hearted joke. I didn't mean to offend you or say your truck isn't killer, because like I have posted in your other threads, it's a really nice truck!

Roy

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts