Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

shopping used F150

rider89

st louis
I'm in the market for a 4x4 F150 in the 2004/2008 range and I was wondering if there is a good reference page for looking at fuel mileage and any other tech changes that might lead me to narrow down to certain model years ?
thanks, bill

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I own a 2005, and it seems to work fine. A couple notes:

People complain of a rear end vibration in the 2004 models, seems to have disappeared in 2005 and newer.
The 5.4L has a cam issue that makes it tick a little bit, sounds almost like a diesel. Mine has this condition, but has been running fine with the issue for 60,000 miles.

Welcome to FTF.

:welcome:

Ryan

F150

easy
They're all good. Just buy the one with options you want and looks good to you. (they aint no way I'd get one with anything less than the 5.4 though).

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
'07's and '08's seem to have a little better reliability history, although none of the years is bad.

Linky

Broken spark plugs and fuel pump modules were the only commonly reported issues in '04-'06.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
All very reliable rides . Some rear trouble and the eating of rear brakes . Nothing huge .

Main problem we have is plugging fuel filters And we use several different stations /and coils packs . side Window linkage breakage . All of which is common on them According to Ford garage .

Myself I like the older ones that dont have the Stupid thick flared tailgate they look better and r easier to load stuff.

Good luck on search the winter price increase should not bother you down there much.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts