Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

thinking about new rims

racsan

4xford
both sets of tires i run on my ranger need replaced, im thinking of retiring my alloys to trailer service (the tires on those rims have a really high load rating, still have good tread, they just dont get a good grip on wet pavement due to being old) and the '01 jeep wrangler rims hold water then freeze during the winter affecting the balance.(and those tires are 5years old at least, they have very poor wet traction, despite still having legal tread left) im thinking of going to these rims and just running them all year rather than doing the seasonal wheel swap. granted i'll need tires more often, but i havent bought new tires in 5 years anyways, now i would need to buy 2 whole sets, and thats quite alot for what tires are going for these days. heres the link, pretty common /cheap wheel, cragar "D" window rims, 15x7's, id prefer chrome, but since theyre going to have to live "year around", chrome wont work, i'll probly leave the center caps off during winter due to rust concerns.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3425712/
for tires i'll probly go with my favorite a/t ive run the last 10 winters, its a similar tire to the bfg a/t, the dakota futura, marketed through pep boys, according to what ive read, its made by cooper tire, but the tread is darn identical to the bfg a/t t/a. they used to be about 53 a tire, now there about 100 a tire, really went up in the last 5 years or so.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I like the look of the Soft 8s a little better, but they're basically the same thing.

I was going to buy a set of 'em for my summer tires, but found a deal on factory take-offs with TPMS sensors locally.

Might be worth watching CL...you see decent rims with usable tires for pretty cheap money from time to time.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts