Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Been tire shopping...

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
And let me tell you. 16.5's are almost a thing of the past. If somebody had some extra money and storage it would be worth it to buy a bunch up. I bought 2 new tires last winter and put them on the rear. I am in the process of rebuilding my front end and wanted 2 more new ones. I have come to discover that Cooper no longer makes this tire in a 16.5. So did some searching and a local store found me 2 BFG's in 16,5. They told me that 16.5's are getting hard to come by. So I guess the next time I need tires it will have to be a wheel size change too.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I stick with the Interco line, and they still have plenty of options. Mud Terrain style tires still seem to have some in 33-35" tires, but beyond that, not much for less aggressive treads.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
33's in mud or atv is what I'm lookin at... But I am still on a budget and can only do 2 for now...Hate running miss matches but it's gonna have to be for now.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just an FYI Chuck...Centerline is known for their quality and price...they often have overstocks through there website and sell those particular rims at a fairly discounted price.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Thanx Duncan. Allready ordered the 2 BFG's. They will be in on Mon.. Rims wont be until the next set if the ol' girl is still on the road.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I love Toyos and BFGs too, but they run $250/ea in these parts... more than I wanna spend...

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but on the subject of wheel sizes, I'm looking for aluminum wheels for my Suburban. It has 16" tires now and they are a ***** to find used... Price is the same betewwn 16 and 17in wheels... Would I gain anything by going to 17" wheels? They seem to be the thing these days...

Also, can you get something comprable to a 265/75/16 in 17" with an "E" load range?

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I run Kelly tires. Mine are the Safari TSR's, great price and quality (paid $215 for each 285/75/16) and they wear like iron. Another gentlemen I know with a 97 F250 HD also has them and he swears by them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts