Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Want to buy, suggestions welcome

Me and my husband currently own a 79 Ford plow truck... the motor has never failed... BUT the axle bolts almost rusted off two years ago, and this year the oil dip stick rusted off... :) Our 99 F150 probably doesn't have the weight to plow. Sooo... mainly we use our truck seldom, only 116,000 on our 99. We need a truck to plow, pull a two horse trailer, boat, snowmobile trailer, and like twice a year a 4 horse trailer... talking 10,000 lbs there no problem. So what to buy... F250 or F350 for sure... but my husband wants a newer truck... not new. The 04 to 08's have a LOT of problems, what is the most reliable truck I can find what is recommended?

You could find a "new" 79 if you wanted too...sounds like the '79 done you good over the years...if not, I'd go with what he said above

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I see newer F150 all time with plow . For you driveway/road only they r fine (not 30 drives) . You know what you trucks history was. Get a plow for you current 1 ,then if after winter don't like it get other truck and swap plow . You will not get much out of yours with being over 100000 miles .
Its the hauling of horses thats the kicker .

Plows r pricy enough plus winter prices for truck r nuts. I'd wait myself and just get plow . Save some bucks then next spring go for a F250 at least

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts