Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new trouble codes...

rambler

New Shoes......
OK,, got a 2000 F2500 ( not sure which one to post this in) and worked it very hard this weekend and on Tuesday,, ran great till yesterday, when the wife got it back.. pulled the codes.. here they are.. PO171, PO174, PO305, P1131, P1151,, any ideas? at work right now on break so cant do a quick search yet

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
which engine is it?

youve got 3 issues.

PO171 and P1131 point to lean codes on bank 1.
PO174 and P1151 point to lean code on bank 2.
PO305 is missfire on cyl 5.

the lean codes is probably a vacuum leak. or maybe a MAF sensor is bad or dirty.

missfire is dependant on engine. if a 5.4 or V10 it may be a coil... actually pretty likely on the modulars. not uncommon thats for sure..

rambler

New Shoes......
sorry.. forgot to add that its 5.4 says missfire on #5,, cant remember if that one is the first on the left.. or last on the left facing the engine...
vacummn leak could be those dang auto hubs.. got it stuck in the mud and they did not engage.. I need to buy some new ones.. took them apart to clean them out this summer as they didnt disengage.. and now wont engage...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I would say fix the coil on cylinder 5 and all your other issues should go away.

Edit: But I'm an idiot. LOL

rambler

New Shoes......
I've had to replace them before. also did the dreaded sparkplug repair after paying a dealership $800 when # 4 blew out. and then #3 ,did it, and I fixed that one myself with a kit.. I think I may have a "spare" coil around. and check it out.. it ran great for me,, then started running rough when my wife took it back.. ( I think it just misses me)

rambler

New Shoes......
well got a new coil this morning... had a horse out last night and took the truck out and it ran terrible. didn't run that bad after I unloaded it.. so this morning. took the wife to work, took my son to school, picked up a coil $$$$$ swapped it out.. ( then I found the old one, I had saved when the spark plug blew out..) go figure.. but reset the computer.. put in a bottle of HEET just to be safe and got it running,, runs pretty good now.. no more touble codes.. just have to fix the dang autohubs now....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts