Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone Do U-Joints In A 3 Joint rear shaft?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I am doing all my u-joints on the bronk before plow season starts. The axle ones I did when I did the ball joints. The front shaft ones were seized. They were cake. Went to do the rear u joints and it has the 2 u joints at the top with the ball and socket. They are like all attached together and seem like its not ment to come apart. Didnt feel like not being able to drive home from work so I just did the bottom for now. Anyone do em ever?

Ah yes, the double-cardon joint at the front of the rear shaft. You can do it yourself if you have a vice to hold everything while you work. The ball and centering spring need to be held in place once one spider has been installed so you can get the second one installed without everything falling back out of the carrier.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've done one...and for me, it's well worth paying someone else to do it. Really not all that difficult, but my patience and lack of fine motor skills tells me to cough up the $50 in labor it'll cost.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ok, ill have to do them then.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I tried to do mine myself in the jeep. I messed up the cup and had to send the shaft to a machine shop. Next time I'll send it to the drive shop.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Yepper i agree let the machine shop handle the Job.if you do them yourself,make sure you position the grease fitting out to where you can grease it,many make this mistake.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts