Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1978 Ford f250 4x4 crew cab

1978 Ford f-250 crew cab 4x4
AC, power steering, power brakes, CD player
2 inch lift
Grey exterior (2000 Ford charcoal grey)
Brown interior
Spray in bed liner
351m engine rebuilt 3 years ago
4 speed transmission rebuilt 3 years ago
4:10 rear end rebuilt 3 years ago
New fuel tanks, front and rear bumpers, grille, carpet, sound/heat barrier in floor, headliner, seats recovered, alternator, battery, tires 80-90%.
I drive this truck 1-2 times a week to work which is 60 miles one way. Not a show quality truck but very nice. Turn a lot of heads and get a lot of compliments. The tailgate is the only weak point which can easily be replaced. Rest of the paint is good. I’m looking for a better tailgate now.Slight damage to left rear where bumper hit it. Located one hour west of Fort Worth, TX.
$15,500 obo
817-597-1150 call or text
15e8f09a.jpg

5cb10701.jpg

352e7a4b.jpg

cac1f88c.jpg

c712226b.jpg

e0e5fde7.jpg

0a5733b0.jpg

3904631c.jpg

a290adaf.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wow....that thing is a beauty...nice rig. Where did you tuck the AC box stuff at.....on my 77, it was tucked under the dash while losing our glove box...just curious...didn't see it in the engine bay pic.

Love the rig though...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not a bad truck for $5500.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
In a heartbeat here....depends on the area and market.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
:confused: I don't get the "blah, blah, blah".....every area is different...period.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It's 15500, not 5500.

Haha....I think he knows that.....and is still saying not bad for $5500.

no offense to the OP theres no way that truck will get 15k........

smiliewhathesaid I agree.

I think it does depend on the markets, but $5500 to $15000 makes it hard for me to believe they're that far apart....I would think 10, ,20, or even 30% ($10,050 in one market to $15,000 in a different market) different from market to market, but not 100%+, or more than double or triple the cost....maybe, but hard to believe....also, regardless of where you are in North America, economy is tough all the way around and effects the price as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Believe what you want to believe... it continually floors me here how someone lists a price for something and the immediate responses are "no way", "too much" etc. Prices here, for example are steep...there is lots of money flowing...people charge more. Each market is going to be different..I just personally get a little tired of the continous negative comments made when someone asks what someone else perceives to be a price they wouldn't pay.
smiliepopcorn

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Believe what you want to believe... it continually floors me here how someone lists a price for something and the immediate responses are "no way", "too much" etc. Prices here, for example are steep...there is lots of money flowing...people charge more. Each market is going to be different..I just personally get a little tired of the continous negative comments made when someone asks what someone else perceives to be a price they wouldn't pay.
smiliepopcorn

I think this happens, because more often than not, one lists something higher than what the public or area is willing to pay for many reasons....

1) it's their baby and they "think" it's worth that amount to them when that's not necessarily the case with buyers in today's market

2) they want to get as much money from the sale as they put in.....fantasy land....I've spoken to professional restoration experts who say one would be lucky to get .50 on the dollar back in a sale for PARTS only, let only all your thousands of hours of love labor.

3) they don't really want to sell, but if they get lucky enough to find someone desperate enough or have enough of a desire for that particular rig at that particular time, then fine.....if not, then who cares cause I want the truck anyways. A strategy put on by many.....with vehicles they never intend on selling, but with most anything, if you have tons of cash, everything can be for sale.

4) I've personally seen more vehicles no sold than sold because of price......just go look at completed listings on ebay nationwide.......the not sold vehicles, car or trucks outnumber the ones sold by 100 to 1........and it's not because of the area.....it's just not a buyers market and like I already mentioned, more often than not, one prices it higher then gradually brings the price down to reality....ask Chris who buys and sells all the time....

I think when one comments on what someone else will or won't pay, it's based on the overwhelming number of rigs on here (this site and FTE) that don't sell because the price isn't met.

You don't see any negative comments about Burt for sale.....and that may not sale....I personally believe what he's asking is fairly reasonable.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think this happens, because more often than not, one lists something higher than what the public or area is willing to pay for many reasons....

1) it's their baby and they "think" it's worth that amount to them when that's not necessarily the case with buyers in today's market

Again, market dependant.

2) they want to get as much money from the sale as they put in.....fantasy land....I've spoken to professional restoration experts who say one would be lucky to get .50 on the dollar back in a sale for PARTS only, let only all your thousands of hours of love labor.

Once again, depending on market and type of vehicle

3) they don't really want to sell, but if they get lucky enough to find someone desperate enough or have enough of a desire for that particular rig at that particular time, then fine.....if not, then who cares cause I want the truck anyways. A strategy put on by many.....with vehicles they never intend on selling, but with most anything, if you have tons of cash, everything can be for sale.

And that is a problem how?

4) I've personally seen more vehicles no sold than sold because of price......just go look at completed listings on ebay nationwide.......the not sold vehicles, car or trucks outnumber the ones sold by 100 to 1........and it's not because of the area.....it's just not a buyers market and like I already mentioned, more often than not, one prices it higher then gradually brings the price down to reality....ask Chris who buys and sells all the time....

I think when one comments on what someone else will or won't pay, it's based on the overwhelming number of rigs on here (this site and FTE) that don't sell because the price isn't met.

You don't see any negative comments about Burt for sale.....and that may not sale....I personally believe what he's asking is fairly reasonable.

I don't think that basing it on eBay alone can be a judge of that...go look at specialty places (no, not B.J. :D) and I am not saying that it is an always thing that occurs, just seems to be prevalent. I'm not going to touch Chris' vehicle adventures with a 10' pole!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
no offense to the OP theres no way that truck will get 15k........

Where rust free trucks are prevalent, I'd have to agree the majority of the time.

Also agree 100% with this. However, remember Scott's CC??? Was completed for maybe a few months, completely redone with mostly NOS parts, and he pulled 12k for it...in the rust belt no less.

Haha....I think he knows that.....and is still saying not bad for $5500...

I actually did read it at $5500...and not 15,500. But I still think 5500 is a good price for it...in my region anyway.

smiliepopcorn

The wallet pays what the heart wants, but also remember there's a sucker born every minute. I think alot of us here know where premiums are placed and in what regions, and know what you can get in different areas, without much effort thanks to the internet.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I don't think that basing it on eBay alone can be a judge of that...go look at specialty places (no, not B.J. :D) and I am not saying that it is an always thing that occurs, just seems to be prevalent. I'm not going to touch Chris' vehicle adventures with a 10' pole!

Hahaha....that's funny Duncan! :rofl:

I don't think it's too high. It won't hurt my feelings if I have to keep it either. I don't believe you can build it for that price. Also notice the OBO. $15,500 is a starting point. $10,000 won't buy it though. Can always go down on the price but it's sure hard to go up.
Thanks for looking anyway,
Derek

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't think it's too high. It won't hurt my feelings if I have to keep it either. I don't believe you can build it for that price. Also notice the OBO. $15,500 is a starting point. $10,000 won't buy it though. Can always go down on the price but it's sure hard to go up.
Thanks for looking anyway,
Derek

Hopefully, you didn't take any offense, I don't think any of us meant any in our getting off track. In our discussion though, you confirmed exactly what most were saying, different markets can sustain different premiums. However, most of are in areas in which the '1/3 rule' applies...meaning if you're looking to get 10-15k out of the truck, you probably sank somewhere in the 30-50k range into the truck, and there certainly wouldn't be any cosmetic blemishes. That said...it's still a nice truck, and people are talking about it...so that's good news.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hopefully, you didn't take any offense, I don't think any of us meant any in our getting off track. In our discussion though, you confirmed exactly what most were saying, different markets can sustain different premiums. However, most of are in areas in which the '1/3 rule' applies...meaning if you're looking to get 10-15k out of the truck, you probably sank somewhere in the 30-50k range into the truck, and there certainly wouldn't be any cosmetic blemishes. That said...it's still a nice truck, and people are talking about it...so that's good news.

Yeah, I'll second that Ben....as a matter of fact, while I agreed with Chris that he won't fetch the initial price tag, I never once in all of my drabble in this post mentioned anything negative about the price of this rig...I was merely commenting on Duncan's response as he alluded to be irritated at everyone's scoff's of when someone first lists their rig.

It is a super nice rig....

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Irritated is part of my job description :D
Edit...also, Derek...you might want to consider listing that truck on Kijiji or Craigslist up here (Alberta)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts