Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel Injectors

so my mechanic tells me that the motor is fine compression is good so he believes that it is the fuel injectors? how hard is it to replace these??

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Im not sure on the 460, but i know on my 351 they were held down by a couple of bolts, also i think the upper intake plenum had to come off, but again im not sure what the efi 460 looks like. replacing them is cake, getting to them will be the hardest part.

I had the injectors on my porsche cleaned and tested, cost me about 140 bucks for 4 injectors, brand new caps, o-rings, injectors were sonic cleaned and individually tested to make sure they were working and firing correctly...

Im not sure on the 460, but i know on my 351 they were held down by a couple of bolts, also i think the upper intake plenum had to come off, but again im not sure what the efi 460 looks like. replacing them is cake, getting to them will be the hardest part.

I had the injectors on my porsche cleaned and tested, cost me about 140 bucks for 4 injectors, brand new caps, o-rings, injectors were sonic cleaned and individually tested to make sure they were working and firing correctly...

DO I NEED TO UNPLUG AND MOVE A BUNCH OF $HIT?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If it's like my 351W you will probably need to take the upper intake off but it's not too hard-- just 6 bolts. You'll have disconnect the intake ducting and some of the sensors at the throttle body too...

thanks. im doing the repair myself since the mechanice wanted $650 just to replace 3 fuel injectors. does this job usually cost that much at a shop? it just doesnt seem to be that hard or time consuming!!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
If the intake has to come off that is not that far fetched because they are probably factoring in that the bolts break a lot of times and it depends on how much the injectors cost.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah if you don't run into people that over torque them or cross thread them. Around here a lot of people try to play mechanic and they have no clue. Like the person I met who took 6 hours to change spark plugs on an S-10 blazer :rofl2:

Yeah if you don't run into people that over torque them or cross thread them. Around here a lot of people try to play mechanic and they have no clue. Like the person I met who took 6 hours to change spark plugs on an S-10 blazer :rofl2:

im not that bad lol. $$$$ is keeping me from replacing all of them at this point. but when i get some extra i will be replacing the rest of them.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
LOL it isn't hard to do. Just take your time :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts