Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine's out! Let the teardown begin...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That's right, I finally MADE myself go up to dads and pull it this weekend! LOL Now to find out what is wrong....:wasntme:

Oh and if we are keeping track this is engine pull # 10 or 11! HAHA

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Well, its like they say... Eleventh time's the charm.

Good luck!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
IMG_20110724_155631.jpg

IMG_20110724_155555.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You must be pretty damn quick at getting it in and out!..and no, I'm not being sarcastic!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Total time on the clock for this tear out was 1 hour and 33 minutes! LOL that was with my pop helping as a tool gopher. I have it down to 24 bolts that have to come out to remove the engine.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Should drop that thing in my Benz once you get it fixed. :D

Fellro

Staff member
If anything from a 4.6 Lincoln motor will help, let me know. It won't be here real long... Motor has about 170,000 miles.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Nothing on it will. I appreciate the offer though.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
No but I did find junk in the oil pickup tube. And the main bearings are scarred but the crank looks real good. I am going to spec them tomorrow and see but will throw some new bearings in after having the machine shop check out the crank.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Everything that came apart tonight looked good. Pulled the heads and no damage there, Pistons all look real good. Tomorrow lower end and see what the crank looks like...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Mine next???? :D

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
ENGINE PULL 10 OR 11?????? Incredible. What are you guys doing? streetracing? 1hour33 is fast; very fast. my respect for that:)

best regards Ton

HAHA no just playin around. This is a 4x4 truck that I have slightly modified for a little more power...smilieFordlogo

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
But what about the E4OD? I've read that it's not Ford's best design to transport horsepower.How is your tranny holding under such racing conditions? I'm driving my truck like an "old fart' low revs and under 50mph overdrive off. I love the roar at 1600revs on the highway at 53mph.

best regards Ton

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have a custom built 4R70W. I had it beefed last time I blew the trans on a test drive. LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts