Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

dash vents

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
So now that Summer has arrived (finally) and the inside of the truck gets smoking hot, I want to swap out the dash for one that has the vents for fresh air. I have no a/c, but do have a rear slider which helps as long as your in motion. My question is, is the swap just as easy as getting the duct work and new dash. Will it hook up to the blower the same. Pictures if any one has them would be really great. :)

thanks, Roy

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Pulling the dash is extremely fun. Not impossible, but not fun, especially in the heat. I'm not entirely sure on the a/c box, but you may need to find a new blower box. Don't forget that the control unit under the radio will need to be swapped for an A/C one as well.

Fellro

Staff member
The non-air trucks have no provisions for dash vents, so you have to swap in an air box ducting for an air truck. I just pulled an ac system out of a non-factory air truck, it had vents, but no fresh air. It pulled the air from inside the cab. Factory air trucks have no kick panel vents.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
The non-air trucks have no provisions for dash vents, so you have to swap in an air box ducting for an air truck. I just pulled an ac system out of a non-factory air truck, it had vents, but no fresh air. It pulled the air from inside the cab. Factory air trucks have no kick panel vents.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts