Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel Additive

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
If you use fuel additive in your 6.0, 6.4 or 7.3 make sure it does not contain any alcohol. Alcohol will damage the injectors. One product that periodically comes up is Seafoam Motor Treatment, Do Not use it as it contains alcohol.

60-80% Pale Oil
35-35% Naptha
10-20% IPA (Isopropel Alcohol)
www.seafoamsales.com/pdf/MSDS_SFTT_US.pdf

Best advice is to always check the MSDS to make sure the product you select does not contain alcohol. Currently Diesel Kleen, Stanadyne & Motorcraft contain no alcohol. I know there are others, just check before you use it. In addition you can also add commercial bio diesel as it has good lubrication & cleaning properties

I use commercial Bio-diesel and Diesel Kleen thanks for the information.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I use Powerservice in every tank since new.

I use the grey bottle for 3 seasons and the white (anti-gel) in the winter months. I use at double strength for maximum protection.

According to the engineers at Powerservice (spoke to them this summer) they have discontinued their "we pay the tow if you freeze up" program in the winter. This is due to the new ULSD fuel that is now mandated and that due to variations, their are more "gelled" problems than every before.

Their product works, but due to the "issues" of ULSD fuel and "gelling issues" the engineer even stated to use double dose and/or use #1D if available. Even if buying "already treated fuel"... he advised to treat it again yourself to ensure 100% protection.

I use the Powerservice brand due to availability and price.

With 112,600 miles on my '03, I guess something is working for me.

Merry Christmas to all (and if your offended by me saying Merry Christmas... tough shit)!!!

Be safe and be merry... and God bless our troops.:wavey:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts