Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My friend left me his F350 in his will

Just recently my best friend was killed while we were serving in afghanistan and left me his 2009 f350 in his will. I talked to him almost everyday about what he wanted to get done to his truck and he mentioned a number of things from getting it lifted and putting new tires and rims on it to getting a new exhaust and front and rear bumpers. I'm was never big into trucks nor do i know a whole lot about them but to honor my friend im going to try and get as much as i can done to this truck but im going to need some help and hopefully you guys can provide me with the information i need. I just pretty much want to know where to start because i want to start brainstorming for when i gt back to the US from Afghanistan. The truck is fully stock with no modifications done to it whatsoever. Should i start with the exterior by putting a lift kit on or wheels and tires? or should i start with an exhaust system and some engine parts? what brands are the best for the right price? i hope i can get some feedback on this as to this is an important thing to me. thanks for any help you can give me!

SPC Walker
U.S Army

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'd start with a lift, wheels and tires, but that's just me....will make the biggest impact visually anyways.

Sorry for your lost.....thanks for serving.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
First off welcome to FTF. Secondly, sorry to hear about your loss and thank you for serving. Personally I would start off with a nice sounding exhaust and maybe some other engine stuff if you want then decide if you really want a lifted truck or not. They look cool if done right, but some times can turn out to not that practical dpending on where you live, etc. I know for me a lifted truck would be an issue with parking where I am. But if you do decide to lift it there are plenty of knowledgable people here to help you with that aspect.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts