Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My friend left me his F350 in his will...

Just recently my best friend was killed while we were serving in afghanistan and left me his 2009 f350 in his will. I talked to him almost everyday about what he wanted to get done to his truck and he mentioned a number of things from getting it lifted and putting new tires and rims on it to getting a new exhaust and front and rear bumpers. I'm was never big into trucks nor do i know a whole lot about them but to honor my friend im going to try and get as much as i can done to this truck but im going to need some help and hopefully you guys can provide me with the information i need. I just pretty much want to know where to start because i want to start brainstorming for when i gt back to the US from Afghanistan. The truck is fully stock with no modifications done to it whatsoever. Should i start with the exterior by putting a lift kit on or wheels and tires? or should i start with an exhaust system and some engine parts? what brands are the best for the right price? i hope i can get some feedback on this as to this is an important thing to me. thanks for any help you can give me!

SPC Walker
U.S Army

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
That is a very honorable thing you are doing for him. While I do not have any parts recommendations, I am sure others will.

I can't say I know what you are going through, as I have never seen Afghanistan, but I spent two years in Iraq (2004 and 2008) so I have the general idea.

Stay safe over there.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Sorry for your loss and thanks for your own service.....

XDP.com is a great place to start with performance mods. I would recommend starting with an intake and exhaust and maybe a programmer. I always start with performance before moving on to aesthetics.

Sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences. Where in Afghan are you? I'm in Herat.

Thanks for your service and sacrifice!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts